Tuesday, September 11, 2007

And so it begins

So I'm sitting here, staring at the blank page, and wondering to myself "what exactly is the plan here?" Blogs always seemed something others would do, something I would read, not plan out myself and write. But, as fate would have it, I've been compelled to start writing. The reason for writing is straightforward. I'm lost as it would be, not quite sure where I want my life's lessons to take me. I'm hoping, by putting it down in a concise manner, that it might pave the way. The what is a lot more troubling to actually put down. It's a broad area of material that doesn't tie in well together sometimes.

The first area is Economics. I just finished my Masters at University of Calgary in the fall. Most of what I studied was Behavioural and Macroeconomics. This is my "professional side", the side I got a degree in, the one I had written papers for that have been considered to polish up for publication. The other side is my more casual side, that of virtual media, which usually involves online games/communities. This side of my writings is actually unpolished, but more often read and used by others for references in thier own works. Both are fun and interesting to work with, and it really peaks my interest when one area feeds into another.

So this is what this blog will end up being. Posting views, comments, and other things of interest that deal with virtual media and/or economics. It may not always look like it flows well, but hopefully it'll feed into one another as time goes by. And, just maybe, it'll be of interest to others to ead as well.

No comments: